Marketing and Learning Content Lead
The Resources Online Marketing and Learning Content Lead is a key role at Resources Online. The Marketing and Learning Content Lead represents and is responsible for marketing and learning content services at Resources Online, and is therefore the primary point of contact for all content projects.
This Lead resources and oversees services including content project management, writing, copyediting, proofreading, indexing, and design/graphics assistance for both web and print content projects as well as video content production.
In addition, the Content Lead works with the company’s other leads on strategic and resource planning. In this role, you will lead our content business development effort, and have the opportunity and responsibility to create change as we scale this business. You will work collaboratively with other senior managers in defining, staffing, and managing multidisciplinary engagements. You will have ownership of your disciplinary business, but collaborate with other disciplinary leads.
- Resourcing—Responsible for recruiting new editorial talent, working with clients to determine resources required for a project and assigning resources to the project, and managing content resources.
- Account Management—Responds to client requests in a timely manner, checks in with clients and team members to ensure that deliverables and schedule are on track, and that we are meeting client expectations, responds to and addresses client questions, issues, and escalations.
- Proposal creation—Works with the client to determine project objectives and deliverables, creates the budget, and writes and submits proposals to the client and confirms receipt of PO.
- Budget management—Creates and tracks spend on a project to ensure that project remains within budget, reviews and approves resource hours and invoices, and invoices for client billing.
- Project management —Based on interest and availability, the Marketing and Learning Content Lead may elect to project manage a project him or herself, or assign a project manager to the project.
- Highly organized
- Ability to delegate
- Ability to inspire confidence
- Good client communication and management skills
- Professional and proactive with clients and resources
- Ability to oversee and prioritize a variety of projects and tasks
- Comfortable with creating presentations and representing the firm to potential new clients
- Excellent time management skills
- Scheduling and budgeting experience
- Project management experience
- Microsoft content experience
- Ability to understand and assess different writer, editor, and content management strengths in order to match resources to appropriate projects
Applicants should be familiar with:
- Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Conferencing/communication tools such as Skype and Lync, and IM
- Microsoft SharePoint for file storage, organization and version control
- Adobe Acrobat (for clients who work with PDF files)
- Microsoft Outlook
- Familiarity with Microsoft internal project tools such as Product Studio a plus
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications a plus