Senior Technical/Programmer Writer for Enterprise Cloud Datacenters
Resources Online is looking for a senior-level freelance technical/programmer writer with a passion for software tools that are designed to solve the most challenging large enterprise datacenter problems in the cloud. This writer will be part of an expert team that works with some of the largest companies in the world—in a variety of industries, including software.
We need a seasoned technical writer to work with our client and with theirs. This senior technical/programmer writer will adeptly:
- Write for CIOs, CTOs, CISOs, and enterprise architects across the industry.
- Write about cloud datacenter adoption in the enterprise.
- Document the specifications of automation tools and guidance for an internal development team.
- Explain large-scale networks, identity management/role-based access control and encryption techniques, and best practices for field cloud architects.
- Engage with development, infrastructure, security, and IT operations teams to get their knowledge and to then turn it into clear, accurate documentation.
- Work with program management to present feedback from enterprise customers to help influence future planning on the Azure platform.
This senior writer will:
- Work closely with program management to determine the document set needed for the project.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of how the team meets customers’ expectations and how it solves their datacenter problems and will then incorporate the information into project documentation.
- Observe and document, in real time, what engineers are doing and discussing, including project decisions and how they were made.
- Coordinate with program management, project management, engineers, and other subject matter experts to capture how issues are identified, prioritized, and fixed.
- Work with stakeholders and SMEs, such as Azure system architects and engineers, to ensure that the documentation meets project requirements.
- Create high-quality, publish-ready information in a variety of formats and media, including larger documentation deliverables, covering reference architectures or best practices, in addition to conceptual pieces.
- Manage schedules, risks, and issues pertaining to documentation and publications.
- Help the project team identify and fill content gaps.
- Participate in team meetings, whether by conference call or onsite.
- Provide regular status reports and meet other reporting needs, as required.
- Five or more years of recent IT experience in datacenter design and specification, including networking, identity management, encryption, data protection, operations management, ITSM, ITIL, and other isolation of concerns models in datacenter operations
- The ability to write about how companies design, build, and operate global IT infrastructures for large enterprises
- Experience in enterprise IT, including many of the following areas: infrastructure architecture, software-defined networking, IT security, datacenter operations, and software design or development
- Excellent research and analysis capabilities
- A proven ability to work independently through the entire process of documenting an enterprise-level cloud datacenter (plan, design, write content, review, and publish)
- Flexible availability
- Four or more years of IT or development work in datacenters
- Three years of technical solution implementation in a datacenter or cloud services environment