Senior Cloud Technical Writer/Storyteller
Resources Online is looking for a senior-level freelance technical writer who understands the Azure platform and cloud technologies and can tell compelling stories about them. This technical writer has experience writing customer stories (case studies or use cases) for business, CTO, and IT pro audiences.
You’re the right candidate for assignments because you can:
- Point us to published works or provide samples (especially customer stories or case studies) that show your focus on customers and your understanding of technical topics.
- Explain the benefits of specific cloud-computing scenarios.
- Navigate the wide variety of new solutions and architectures emerging from the mix of established and cutting-edge cloud tools and technologies.
- Quickly grasp the complexities of a solution architecture.
This writer crafts technical customer stories (TCSs) that explain a business problem, the solution architecture that solved it (including explanations of one or two architectural diagrams), and the benefits gained.
The typical iterative process includes meeting the TCS’s stakeholders (a mix of internal marketers and product managers [PMs], plus representatives from their customers and partners) and then starting a meet-research-write-rewrite-approval process. You’ll lead technical interviews, respond to and incorporate reviewers’ feedback, and work closely with the editorial content manager who helps keep the project on schedule.
- Work with all TCS stakeholders.
- Interview product marketing managers (PMMs), cloud solutions architects (CSAs), engineers, and others to gather information and feedback.
- Review and integrate feedback from internal and external subject matter experts (SMEs) and stakeholders.
- Understand technical architectural diagrams and explain them in easy-to-understand terms.
- Develop partnerships with client PMs and SMEs and with client customers and solution partners during the writing process.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Provide regular status reports and meet other reporting needs, as required.
- Knowledge of Azure technologies
- Excellent storytelling abilities, with published customer stories or use cases
- Excellent research and analysis capabilities
- Proven ability to work independently through the entire writing process
- Flexible availability
- Five years of technical writing experience
- Three or more years of writing long-form marketing copy, especially customer stories
- Three or more years of writing about cloud services
- Technical expertise in at least one type of cloud computing—IaaS, SaaS, or PaaS