Full Charge Bookkeeper
Resources Online is seeking a Full Charge bookkeeper to maintain all aspects of financial accounting.
The Full Charge Bookkeeper is responsible for all areas relating to bookkeeping and financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The position requires strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
This would be a part-time (approximately 15-20 hours, depending on need) contract position.
Responsibilities & duties
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly and year end close.
- Work with external benefits administrators.
- Work with external payroll service.
- Work with external CPA for tax reporting.
- Manage state and local tax filing.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Collaborate with leadership to support overall company objectives.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support company leadership with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- BA/BS in Business or related, with an emphasis in Accounting. CPA preferred. OR – substantial business experience equivalent to the above.
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Minimum five years’ experience in an accounting/financial reporting role.
- Experience working in a professional services firm is highly preferred.
- Must be Windows proficient and able to thrive in a fast-pace setting.
- Deep experience with QuickBooks, and experience with timekeeping software (Bill Quick a bonus).
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and other productivity tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure. and meet deadlines required.