Azure Product Marketing Manager
Resources Online has an immediate need to hire a seasoned Product Marketing Manager (PMM) for one of our Redmond-based clients. This PMM is excited about the possibilities of cloud computing, knows what goes into effective marketing materials, and can drive their creation in a distributed team.
Location: Combination remote and Redmond-area office (must be based in Seattle area)
Duration: Start ASAP and work through June 30, 2020
Schedule: Approximately 20 hours per week
This is a contractor role, with the potential to increase hours to more than 20 per week and to extend the schedule beyond June 30, 2020.
- Manage creation of go-to-market consumer content (white papers, webpages, social presence) and field sales collateral.
- Create and drive schedules and workflows that include contributors and reviewers to ensure timely readiness of all marketing material.
- Organize a successful conference booth, including playbook, staffing schedule, setup, giveaways, and more. (You will not be required to travel outside of the Seattle area.)
- Work with PR teams (internal group or outside firm).
- Work cross-functionally to nurture ongoing marketing efforts.
- Reach out to PMs, SMEs, and other contributors for reviews and sign-offs to ensure timely delivery of complete BOMs.
- Assist other marketers with ongoing and ad-hoc requests.
Requirements and qualifications
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, along with the curiosity and interest to delve deep into the technology and to learn all you can about the customer base.
- Five or more years’ experience in product marketing, including the proven ability to:
- Determine what makes a complete bill of materials for a product or feature launch.
- Gather and synthesize data from multiple sources.
- Plan for and coordinate all components of a successful booth. (Experience on a booth floor is a plus.)
- Own conception and creation of marketing collateral
- Three or more years’ experience marketing cloud services or other service (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS).
- Experience working on projects with people in different groups or organizations.
- Ability to communicate with upper-level management.
- Customer-first attitude when creating external-facing collateral.
This PMM is detail-oriented, client-focused, and able to see two steps ahead to identify and help resolve any issues that may arise.