Content Project Manager
Remote, 20 hours per week to start; expected to transition to 40 hours per week
Resources Online is looking for an experienced content project manager (PM) with a passion for social media, experience as a writer or editor, and an affinity for details. This PM will initially work approximately 20 hours per week on a core project for a single client. The position is expected to transition to 40 hours per week as new projects are added for other clients.
The project manager will work within a team that creates and delivers developer content. He or she should be able to easily move from monitoring and facilitating structured processes to developing and documenting new procedures. This PM will:
- Manage organic social and paid search activities. He or she will organize and maintain an editorial calendar, ensure that content is ready for publication, and post content on social channels. Although he or she will not be the primary writer, the PM may need to write associated tweets or blog posts.
- Coordinate biweekly webinars. The project manager will wrangle presenters and their information, schedule dry runs, and record and post the sessions. Occasionally, the PM will help presenters craft their slides or other presentation materials.
- Work side by side with the department lead. He or she will execute tasks as assigned, represent the department at cross-discipline project meetings (e.g., events teams), and develop the role as the department expands.
- Communicate status. The PM will participate in team meetings, provide status reports, and address other reporting needs as required.
- Take on new projects as they arise. The PM will begin with 20 hours per week for the core client and, over time, will take on additional responsibilities for new clients, up to 40 hours per week.
- Three or more years of project management or content coordination experience
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite, especially OneNote and Excel
- Experience with issue- and project-tracking software, such as Jira
- Ability to work remotely during core Pacific Time business hours (regardless of location)
- Professional experience as a writer or editor
- Experience working at a software, IT, or high-tech company